Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday

Share

Grow and Learn
by guest blogger Emily Farmer

Have you ever stopped to think that if you are learning, you are living? I once heard you stop learning and you are dead. Good thought! That has many meanings. One meaning could be if you are not learning and growing in Gods word you are dead. This weekend my pastor gave a good illustration of this. He said let me see how many of you had those picture Bibles when you were little. Some raised their hands. Then he said let me see a show of hands of how many of you are still using pictures bibles today. Everyone laughed. But you know he was right as we grow in our Christian walk we need different bibles. As children we need the picture Bible and as we grow into mature Christians we need a Bible with words to read. He went on to say if you are not learning you are not growing. How true this is. I see it right before my eyes with my 5 year old. He often asks at night when saying prayers “Now what’s that made up prayer?” He’s talking about the prayers my husband and I pray with him, the “grown up” prayers if you will. He has a prayer that is a recited one and he’s growing in his prayer life as little as it is. He’s learning the difference between the prayers we began to teach him at the age of two and the “made up prayer “,as he calls it, that he wants to say today. How neat this is for me as his mother to see even the little guys are getting it and know it’s important to grow and learn.At my children’s school they always end the morning announcements with, Have a great day “as we grow and learn”. I think that goes right along with what I’m talking about here. It really is a great day if you grown and learn.

Luke 2:52 “Jesus grew in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and all the people.”

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs