Thursday, October 8, 2009

Swizzlestix

Share

What is Swizzlestix you ask? It is a fun site where you will find retro modern tea towels, aprons, placemats, coasters, pillows, and greeting cards.I came across this site not long ago & love her fabric designs & products.

The inspiration behind Swizzlestix:
"Raised and educated in St. Louis, I studied fine art with an emphasis in painting and printmaking. During college I was heavily into goth rock, new wave and the club scene, and my artistic style reflected my look. I enjoyed being a fine artist and loved all the freedom that it offered, but I knew in order to gain financial stability, I would have to develop broader skills. So I expanded into the world of graphic design, where I’ve been using pixels and pantones to splash my creativity for over 14 years, for a mostly corporate client base.

In 2003, I felt the urge to design whatever I wanted without the limitations that came with my job, so I created a line of greeting cards, and started selling my collection to various San Francisco and Los Angeles boutiques. After much encouragement from clients, family and friends, I expanded into the world of textile design, and in 2005 I started Swizzlestix. I design aprons, tea towels, placemats, coasters, pillows, and whatever else strikes my fancy, all with a retro modern feel. These products have been sold at various design shows, stores, art galleries, and online."

Marcia sent me this tea towel to review:

What I like about this Orange Paisley Tea Towel:
1. What a fun & unique print!
2. At 24"x27" this is large enough to use in other ways than just a towel. It's almost too pretty to be a towel!
3. She sent me some fabric swatches & the Christmas patterns are cool. They would make a neat gift.
4. Made from 100% heavy canvas type cotton fabric, her products are super sturdy.
What I didn't like about the Orange Paisley Tea Towel:
1. It's almost too big to use as a towel for me, but there are other things I can find to use it for. And the fabrics to choose from are so fun, they are hard to resist!

Want It? Enjoy 20% off until November 1st by using the code "Gift" at check out! Click here to shop.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs