Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday

Share

Refreshed
by Guest Blogger Emily Farmer
As I sit down to write this weeks devotion The song "I'm smelling coffee" is in my head. Why? I don't know but, I do know I love the smell of fresh brewed coffee. That's refreshing to me. Ain't nothing like it. It makes me think of the verse in Proverbs 11:25 "The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed". In reading that verse I am encouraged that when I am refreshing to someone else I too am refreshed. Wow does that speak volumes! And so true. Kind of like giving a gift to someone and you are so excited about the gift cause you just know they are going to love it. That's a refreshing feeling.
So what does "refresh" mean? Webster's dictionary says refresh is... to make as if new; to repair; to restore; to make fresh again; to restore strength, spirit or the like and to relieve from fatigue or depression. That's a lot of ways to be refreshed. I know from experience when I am kind to someone else it gives me a joy inside. A feeling of freshness. Might we think God feels the same way when we do as His word directs us. I so want to be refreshing to my loving Father, the one God who made me. To do that I must spend time in His word daily which is spending time with Him. And this pleases Him. He is refreshed to know us, to know His children are taking the time to spend with Him. His word has such strength, it restores, repairs, makes new again. Isn't that worth seeking? It is to me. I for one need to be restored, renewed, relieved and strengthened on a daily bases. Being a mother of three active boys really sucks the life out of me sometimes and to know all I have to do is spend time with God and He will make me anew. He repairs our broken and run down spirit. He is a giving God who wants to so give a new freshness to us. So won't you let Him Refresh you today?

Press On Challenge:
This week find a way to be "REFRESHING" to someone else.
Press On Verses:
"Do to others as you would like them to do to you." Luke 6:31 NLT
"We love because He first loved me". 1 John 4:19 NLT
"Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another,
just as God through Christ has forgiven you ". Eph. 4:32 NLT
"We should love one another." 1 John 3:11 NLT

" Let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes." Eph. 4:23 NLT

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click here to enter my giveaway this week!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs