Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thoughts for Thursday - Heart Disease is the #1 killer of women

Share

Did you know Heart Disease is the #1 killer of women? Did you know more women die of cardiovascular disease and stroke than the next 4 diseases combined, including all forms of cancer? I don't know about you, but when I first heard those statistics, I was shocked.

My Dad & Grandfather both had heart disease and my Grandmother has had heart bypass surgery as well. It obviously runs in my family and that is why I try to eat healthy, exercise, & watch my cholesterol. One of my goals in life is to be able to live long enough to meet all of my future grandchildren!

The American Heart Association is encouraging everyone to wear red this Friday, February 4th (National Wear Red Day), as part of their Go Red For Women movement. By wearing red, you are showing support for the campaign, which aims to raise awareness in the fight against heart disease.

One of my favorite pages on the site is the Heart Healthy At Any Age. Check it out for tips for living healthy...at any age!

1 comments:

Gregory Turner said...

This is a very good article that raises awareness in eating healthy and exercising regularly.

http://nvgifts.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs