Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday's Tip - Cleaning Your Front End Washer

Share


A few years ago the hubby & I purchased a front end loader & new dryer. We were sold on the all the energy efficient hype about them. While I have thoroughly enjoyed them, one thing I have heard many others complain about is the mildew/mold in the washer. Ugh! So frustrating considering our whole family suffers from allergies & my husband from asthma. I have scoured the Internet many times looking for ways to get rid of the smell. Since there are so many people out there w/ this same problem, I thought I'd share what I have found that has worked.

1. I try to run a cycle w/ only bleach every so often. This helps get rid of the smell quite a bit.
2. ALWAYS leave the door open when not in use.
3. Fill the basin with warm water and add 2 cups of white vinegar. Let stand for 1 hour. Run the cycle as usual.

Hope these have helped and if you have a tip please share! :)

P.S. If you're a man or woman of fewer words - say 140 characters - follow The Gift Closet on Twitter by clicking here. Tweet ya later! ~wink~

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs