Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday - Never Give Up

Share

Never Give Up

by guest blogger Emily Farmer!


Have you ever wanted something so bad it consumed your every thought? It was in your mind constantly. I have heard all my life that persistence pays off. But how far do you take it? As hard as it is at times, I try to take it to the cross. God knows the plans for our life. Jer. 29:11-13 tells us that. He knows what will happen even before we do. We are given an instruction book to follow and that book is The Bible. The first step is to open it up. The second step is to start reading and praying for God to lead you to a decision. If you feel something heavy on your heart, it might just be God tapping you on the shoulder to pay attention to his leading. There are some favorite verses I read when I am trying to figure out a situation. You might find them helpful too.

I like to pray through the chapter of Ps. 25. This often helps me when I don’t know what to pray. I pray for God to show me, teach me, and guide me the in the direction I should go.

I pray for my life to be a light to others as Matt.5:16 says.

"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised." Hebrews 10:35-36

I Corinthians 3:6, "I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow." (NIV)

So as you can see, there are many reason to never give up. God really is on our side.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs