Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday's Tip - In The Kitchen

Share

Here is a tip I got from my "Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms" cookbook:

"When a recipe calls for buttermilk, use the powdered kind found in the baking aisle of the grocery store. It comes in a 1lb container and can be refrigerated for up to a year after it's opened. Just follow the directions on the container. There's no need to buy the liquid version, as it won't stay fresh in the refrigerator very long."

Great tip! I rarely use buttermilk for cooking. I did buy some a couple of weeks ago for some homemade buttermilk Onion Rings I made last week (scrumptious by the way!). I have a feeling I'll be throwing out the rest of the buttermilk though. And...I also used to make a wonderful milk bath using that same powdered buttermilk back when I owned The Soy Garden a few years ago. Might want to google that recipe! :)

If you are interested in hosting a giveaway on The Gift Closet please email me. You can click on the "Contact" button at the top of the page. I now have openings in August. Thanks & have a blessed day!
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs