Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday by guest blogger Emily Farmer

Share

Life Verse

What does having a life verse mean? If you are a Christ follower you have probably heard this wording used before. For me its verses from the Bible that you can hold on to when times are tough or trials are many. Its a verse you can live your life by and place all your values on. I was flipping through my Bible the other day and ran across several verses marked life verse. It got me to thinking how many life verses do I have. The more I read, the more I realized that I must have marked so many for all the trials or testing that I have been through. For some reason those verse spoke to me at that time and helped me make it through that difficult season in my life. Therefore they serve as a life verse.

I will have to say my one all time favorite life verse is found in Ps. 28:7, “ The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.” This verse offers so much. It offers strength, protection, help and joy. That's all the things I need on a daily basis.

So how about you? Do you have a life verse one you can claim, read, depend on for strength and courage to make it through your most troublesome time?

Take it one step further and claim a family life verse. Place it around your home, memorize it, make a song out of it. When the whole family can quote it from memory treat yourselves to a family night out to ice cream.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs