I love food & I love recipes, so I'm super excited to share this giveaway and review w/ you today. I received a copy of the book, Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms, and have 1 to giveaway as well!! Who isn't busy these days? Even if you are not a Mom, there are some great make-ahead recipes in this book.
Warning! The following pictures may cause you to drool excessively on your keyboard. :)
Peanut Butter Kisses Cookies
"As a busy mom with sports schedules and very little time to cook after work, I found make-ahead meals to be very helpful. I would prepare part of the meal a day ahead or make extra meals on the weekend and freeze them. I always thought about having my own cookbook. So when I learned about self-publishing on-line, I began turning my favorite recipes into make-ahead meals for my own cookbook. I figured if these tasty make-ahead recipes helped me...it would help other parents as well."
What I like about the "Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms" cookbook:
1. Fabulous recipes! You know how some cookbooks have recipes you've seen a hundred times? Not this one!
2. Easy to read.
3. Categorized by Appetizers, Breakfast & Brunch, Dessert, Main Dishes, Side Dishes, & Soups.
4. This cookbook is unique in that the meals can be prepared in advance, frozen, then thawed out for later use. It gives specific instructions for how to do each, cooking times when thawed, etc. Of course, you can always cook & eat it fresh as well.
What I didn't like about the cookbook:
1. I'm a very visual person, so I would have liked to see more pictures. Still a great cookbook w/ wonderful recipes though. :)
Want It? Click here to shop.
Click here to catch some other fabulous recipes on her blog.
Win It! How to enter to win a copy of this cookbook:
1. Leave a comment here & be sure to include your email address if it is not on your profile.
2. EXTRA ENTRY: Leave a 2nd comment letting me know how you heard about this giveaway.
3. Contest ends Tuesday June 15, 2010 @ midnight & is open to US residents only.
Interested in hosting a giveaway on The Gift Closet? Please email me at heatherldt@ bellsouth dot net. Thanks! ~wink~