Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday

Share

Ruth Bible Study
by guest blogger Emily Farmer

I have just gotten my book to start a summer bible study. It's the study of Ruth. Ruth is a well known character in the Bible. I am very excited to do this study. I love the story of Ruth, she shows such faith, patience, kindness and even possesses homemaking skills. The book also shows that God takes care of those who put their trust in HIM.

Ruth has such a story to share, even though she has a such a small book in the Bible. First a little history about Ruth. She is the great grandmother of David. Ruth was married to Mahlon whose mother was Naomi. Naomi's husband and two sons died which left Naomi alone with her two daughters-in-law, one being Ruth. Naomi decided to move back to Israel and Ruth insisted on going with her. Ruth later married a man named Boaz after their return back to Israel.

One of the things I love most about this story is the love and devotion that Ruth has for her mother-in-law, Naomi. I love the verse 1:16 where Ruth says to her mother-in-law, "Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." Now that's true dedication, devotion, and love. To go where your family is not, is a big commitment. I can't wait to learn more about Ruth's life.

I am doing this study with Beth Moore facilitating it via her blog if you would like to join me. Go to her blog and click the link on the right hand side that says Siesta Summer Bible study III. It's not to late to join the first blog study will be June 22. I did a study with her last year and it was a lot of fun. All you have to do is order your book and make time to do the study on your own then join Beth for her teaching part every two weeks. It's only a 6 week study. All the info is on her blog. Here's her blog address http://blog.lproof.org

If you don't do this study I encourage you to do some type of study and stay in HIS word. The only way to have a relationship with God is to have fellowship with HIM and that means meet HIM daily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Emily! I personally have been looking for a summer Bible Study I can do from home and this may be the one for me. Thanks for sharing! -Heather-

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs