Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday by Emily Farmer

Share

The Opinion That Counts
I ran across this verse the other day and thought it was worth sharing. It was new to me or at least I saw it in a new way. I really like the Message translation.

"As for me, it matters very little how I might be evaluated by you or by any human authority." 1 Corinthians 4:3
It matters very little to me what you think of me, even less where I rank in popular opinion. I don't even rank myself. Comparisons in these matters are pointless. I'm not aware of anything that would disqualify me from being a good guide for you, but that doesn't mean much. The Master makes that judgment. 1 Cor. 4:3 (Msg)

Have you ever thought about whose opinion really counts? I never really thought of it until I read this verse. It got me to thinking and asking myself questions like, do I value the opinion of others too much? When I should really be valuing the opinion of God and what his word teaches. Are you one that seeks the opinion of others? I think sometimes we often depend on others instead of depending on the ONE that matters most, Jesus Christ our Lord. He's really the only one that we should ever care about what is thought. So my challenge to you would be don't put to much thought or worth into what others think. God's opinion is the only one that really matters.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs