Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday by Emily Farmer

Share

Presents

I hope you all had a very nice Christmas with your families. This was a memorable one for my family. We surprised our older boys with a trip to Disney. My oldest privately invited Jesus into his heart but, isn't ready to take the step of saying it out loud with someone. And that's okay. No where does it say in the bible that you have to say a prayer with someone. I am just thankful for his decision to believe in Jesus as his savior.

We try to teach our children it's not about the presents you receive it's about the presence of God. I never ceased to be amazed at how God uses our children to teach us. This year was a learning experience for me for sure. I learned that it's not the amount of gifts or presents you give or get, it's that the gifts or presents are wrapped. Very similar to how God reveals himself to us. Wrapped in a gift and we have the privilege and honor of unwrapping that gift of HIS LOVE. I guess things being wrapped all up so pretty gives the ahhh factor. One that was missed this year by my oldest son. So next year I will definitely wrap everything.

I want to mention once again it's not too late to join in on the year long read through the bible study. I only mention this because you can learn so much from God if you will only take the time and seek HIM in his word. He will meet you there where ever "there" is in your life. I am so in love with all of what God tells us through scripture (The Bible) and want others to know that same love and knowledge as well. Click here to check out the link!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Would you like to be a Friday's Feature on The Gift Closet? That is one of my readers favorite weekly posts! Email me today to get on the list. heatherldt@ bellsouth dot net

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs