Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday

Share

Anger
by Guest Blogger Emily Farmer

Are you easily angered? Can you become angry like the bat of an eye for no apparent reason? Anger is such a strong hold and can hold you in bondage if you let it. Anger is mentioned several times in the bible and we should pay attention to all it has to say. I have a child that can turn me to anger with a drop of a hat. I love him dearly but, often let my emotions get the best of me. Why? I ask myself. I truly want to change that behavior towards him. I am doing a bible study now that says if you stay angry you give satan a foothold and he wins. I am done with doing that on a daily bases. I want my life to shine Jesus through and through. I want a change to take place. The verses I have listed below I have written on index cards and placed them around the house in different areas to see. That will remind me what I need to place my focus on. I want to be reminded often so I can make a real change in my life. I want to remind myself to let anger go. Is this an area you have trouble with as well. I pray for you dear friend. I pray these verses will motivate you to change your anger into joy, the joy that only Jesus gives.
Press On Challenge:
Be intentional about controlling your anger this week.
Press On Verses:
Ps. 37:8 "Stop being angry! Turn from your anger! Do not lose your temper-it only leads to harm."
Col.3:8 "But now you must rid yourself of all such things as these anger-"
Eph. 4:31 "Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you know you can email this post to a friend by clicking on the small white envelope below? :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs