Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday's Tip

Share

I have always loved to read, even as a child. I have read to my kids since birth & they both seem to enjoy books as much as I, so far. ;) Today I wanted to share a few books that I have read recently & what I am currently reading.

I don't know if you have heard all the hype about the book, "The Shack". It is a fictional book about a man whose daughter is murdered, and in the midst of it all he finds God. I read it not long ago, and quite frankly, I was not very impressed. There were some really good points in it, but there were a lot of thoughts about God that were kind of far fetched.

A book that I did read that I absolutely loved was called, "Same Kind of Different As Me". It is a true story about a homeless man who becomes friends with a wealthy couple & how God works in their lives. It is an amazing story. I don't have a whole lot of time to read w/ 2 small children, but I read this book in less than 2 weeks. A record for me these days! My husband is not a big reader, but he read it in about a month. Great book!!

Some other books I am currently reading are of course my Bible, Stormie O'Martian's "The Power of a Praying Wife" & "The Power of a Praying Parent". Her books are really great w/ short (2-3 pages) "chapters" with a prayer @ the end of each. I also just got Beth Feldman's "See Mom Run" book in the mail to review, so look for that soon.

So...what are you currently reading?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am currently running a special to advertise on my Right sidebar! Email me for details @ heatherldt@ bellsouth dot net





Do you have a great book you wnt to share? Pelase leave a comment & tell me about it!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs