Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday

Share

Busyness
by Emily Farmer
How busy are you? Too busy? Me too! I am involved with my older boys school by helping to organize a Fun Run Fundraiser, working on the Yearbook team, I lead a MIT(Moms In Touch) prayer group, discipleship with a group of ladies from my community group on a week night, the older boys starting flag football, writing devotions, working with my 4 year old at home on school stuff, helping organize our Women's Ministry CHRISTmas event, a Marriage Retreat for next March and then everyday life. I'm sure your schedules are just as busy as my or busier if you have more children. But should that really stop us from spending time with our Father God. The only one who really LOVES us unconditionally. He has so much love and wants to give it to us. Each and every day. It brings the verse in Lam. 3:22-23(TLB) to mind. It says "The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning." He gives us new mercies each morning. How exciting to know we have a redo or do over each day. Thank God for that. I would hate to live the next day upon how I lived the day before. God is so good to us and if we really stop to think about it, are we as good to Him as He is to us? This may be a question you often ask yourself.
Well I can tell you I draw from the strength of God each and every day. I for one need his mercies and am thankful he renews them daily. It's the only way I do all the things I do. There are many verses that relate to strength in the Lord. A few of my favorite are listed under the Press On Verses. I hope they give you the strength you need today.
Challenge:
Slow down and take time to spend five minutes in the word.
Find verses on strength and write them on index cards place them in places you often go to remind yourself of his strength.
Press On Verses:

Ps. 29:11 "The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace." NLT


Trust in Him at all times, O people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us." Psalm 62:8 (NAS)


He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;he is my God and I trust Him. Ps. 91:2
God is my helper. Ps.54:4
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Emily for another great devotional this week!

Click here to visit some great Mom-owned shops in "Your Gift Closet"!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs