Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday

Share

Last week I introduced my friend, Emily, who will be sharing some devotionals & guest blogging for me on Thursdays for a while. Hope you enjoyed it last week & here are her Thoughts for Thursday!

Who's Really in Control
by Emily Farmer

Have you ever been in a situation where you thought you were in control? But, come to find out you really were not. I have. That is not a good feeling. Its very frustrating and can consume your life if you will let it. There was a situation my family and I was dealing with at one time. I knew I had to find peace somewhere, someway so I turned to God for that peace and comfort. I dug in and started reading His word (the Bible). I was searching for circumstances and situations that I could relate to my situation.
My search brought me to the passage in 2 Chronicles 32. This is a story of a king who was going to be attacked. Instead of being scared of the outcome and what might happen he turned to his faithfulness. He believed in God and was very faithful to Him. This was the same God, I and we, as Christ followers believe in and have faith in today. The king did exactly what he knew he was to do. He prayed, trusted God and made a plan to deal with his situation the best way he could. There were a few things that jumped out at me as if God was talking directly to me. Here is what I took away from this passage. It still pops up in my mind from time to time. I believe it's God's way of reminding me I'm not in control. He is. In Prov.16:9 We are told "we can make our plans but, the Lord determines our steps." So why not just go ahead and depend on on Him to direct our steps along the way as Prov.20:24 tells us to.
God taught me no matter what situation happens in your life you always first and foremost believe in and be faithful to Him because God is faithful to us. Second make a plan of action to deal with your situation to the best of your ability then execute the plan and make it happen. Then sit back, be brave,strong,spend time in prayer, and trust God to deal with the situation. Some times its hard to leave troubles in God's hands but, ultimately He's in control of all things, even our lives.

One of my all time favorite verses is found in Nahum 1:7 "The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him." (NIV) My dear friend Angie gave me a book marker with this verse on it when I had my first miscarriage. I clung to that verse in those dark days of over coming that grief and I still cling to it today. I hope you will trust in HIM today dear one.
Challenge:
What situation are you dealing with this week,today or life?
Do you need to leave it in the hands of God?
Press On Verses:
"Let us run with endurance the race God has set out before us, we do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus." Heb. 12:1-2

"God will go ahead of you. He will neither fail you or abandon you." Deu. 31:6

"Be strong and do not give up for your work will be rewarded." 2 Chr. 15:7

"Each day He carries us in His arms." Ps. 68:19


1 comments:

Shannon said...

Thank you so much, this is so encouraging and something I needed to hear right now. I am keeping all of these verses handy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs