Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday Meet

Share

Hey there! Hope ya'll have a great weekend. I would like for you to meet Megan, from Kiss My Style. Cute name, huh? Kiss My Style is an online boutique featuring unique handcrafted pieces by amazing designers & artists across the US. Megan's hand knits and other crafts are featured throughout the site as well. This online boutique offers hand knits, funky accessories, bags & purses, personalized tags, bath + body, unique gifts and more!

Here is the inspiration behind Kiss My Style, in Megan's words:
"I started showing my pieces at local craft shows and in 2005 opened a website showing the pieces I created. It became a wonderful outlet for my work and I decided to expand my business to include other people’s creative pieces. I wanted to create a place that would showcase fabulous gifts, with the ease and luxury of shopping from your home.In 2008 Kiss My Style was born.

After receiving my degree in Interior Design & Art History I have spent the last 10 years in project management, marketing & sales in Northeastern PA and New York City. But I have always been a crafter. Since my mom put the first pack of crayons in my hand,the bug bit and the effect was life long. I have been blessed to be part of a Handmade Community that is so talented and inspiring and yet so lucky that I was able to take all of our passions and provide them to you in one convenient place – your home on your computer.

Besides Kiss My Style, I am a mom, wife, knitter and energizer bunny and wouldn’t have it any other way.

Opening a business that brings my passion together with my skill was an easy task, promoting & marketing it has been a challenge. Being an online shop is more difficult than a brick and mortar, because people can’t come in and see, touch and feel the product. Local craft shows have been a fabulous outlet for local promotion, however online advertising has been key to my continental success.

I have never represented or promoted a product I didn’t believe in and creating a shopping boutique where every piece has been hand selected by me is the most amazing experience of my professional life. I take pride in my work and I admire the artist’s pieces I sell. Everyday I am inspired to find new, eclectic pieces and meet amazing people."

Want it?
Click on the new button for Kiss My Style on the Right sidebar. Check out the discount there too!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs