Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday's Tip - Party Etiquette

Share

Hey ya'll! Happy Tuesday! Yes...I live in the South! Tee-hee-hee

When it rains it pours, right? Last week I shared with you some great Birthday party ideas. As I said, my daughter turns 7 in just a few weeks. And it seems like every child we know has a b-day this Fall! We have 4 parties this month, and more coming September! So, in my perusing of the net for party ideas, etc. I cam across some Party Etiquette Tips from Perfect Party by Cody.com that I want to share. I forget so many of these, so it was a nice little refresher!

* Table settings are like road maps that guide you through the courses of a meal.
* Forks (except the seafood fork), are placed to the left of the plate.
* Glasses or crystal stem-ware are to the right of the dinner plate.
* Knives and spoons are placed at the right side of the plate.
* Remember the 'etiquette rule', solids to the left, liquids to the right.
* During the courses of a meal you pick up the silverware pieces from the outside in, toward your plate.
* Do try a little of everything on your plate.
* Napkins are to remain on your lap until the completion of the meal.
* Do compliment the host/ess on any aspect of the meal.

Got any tips you want to share that were left out? Leave a comment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Interested in a link exchange? Email me at heatherldt @ bellsouth dot net
Let's share some linky love!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs