Monday, August 17, 2009

The Gift Closet Full Disclosure

Share

Full Disclosure:To be in compliance with the recent FTC ruling that bloggers need to disclose if they are being paid or compensated for their posts, the following is my full disclosure policy:

  • The Gift Closet is a blog written by me, Heather Thompson. I started this blog as a way to share great ideas I had, recipes, tips, Christian inspiration, etc. At the time I started this blog, in August of 2008, I was making and selling my own jewelry & B&B products, which I sold on this blog as well. I had a passion to help promote other Mom-prenuers and promote their products since I knew how it was to be one myself. I know how much work it takes to get a product out there. Hence, my Friday’s Feature, a freebie for Mom-prenuers trying to get the word out about their products, was born. I have created other ways for Mom, as well as Female Entrepreneurs in general, to promote their products and sites on The Gift Closet. Those include giveaways, reviews, advertising space, & Christmas @ The Gift Closet.
  • Over time I started getting offers from larger companies to review their products and some offers to compensate me for advertising space on my sidebar. I thought, why not? I put a lot of thought, time, energy, heart, and soul into my blog. I also have had another baby since I started this blog, so the “freebies” and compensation has made it possible for me to continue to do what I truly love to do…helping others! So, what I’m saying is… The Gift Closet accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions and other forms of compensation. You'll know when I do a paid post because it will be distinguished as a"sponsored" or paid post. All compensation agreed upon is for my time to create the content.
  • I will never be influenced by any form of compensation. I will be honest in my judgment and recommendations to you. The opinions expressed by me on this blog are 100% my own. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. Occasionally I may have a guest blogger write a post, which will be stated in the post itself.

For questions about this blog, feel free to contact me at Heatherldt [at] bellsouth [dot] net.

Thanks for reading and have a blessed day!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs