Monday, January 3, 2011

Word for 2011

Share

Well, it's that time of year again. Most people have their decorations put away and are officially "done" w/ the Holidays. I felt like we finally wrapped ours up this weekend. We had relatives in town and did our last gift exchanges. We had a really great Christmas this year, but super busy!

For the last 3 years I have shared with you the tradition of choosing a word, or theme, for the year. I have never been into making New Year's Resolutions. So, when a friend of mine shared this idea with me a few years ago, I loved it.

In case you haven't heard of this before, here's the scoop. Instead of making New Year's Resolutions (which no one seems to keep anyway), why not have a "word" or theme for the year for yourself?

For example, in 2008, my word was "Balance". I wanted to strive to balance all my roles....Christian, wife, mother, daughter, sister, and the list goes on. Another friend chose "Open". She wanted to open her ears, her home, and be open to new opportunities.In 2009 I chose the word "Imitate". I wanted to focus on Imitating Christ first and foremost. My 2010 word was "Focus". Focus on my relationship w/ God in the midst of having had a newborn and 2 other kiddos.

This year my word is "Glorify". When I am trying to make a decision, I want to remember to choose those things that will Glorify God. Especially this past month with the craziness of the Holidays, I have really neglected spending time w/ God. I need to get back on the wagon. Most of all, I simply want to strive to live a life that glorifies God! :)

What is your word for 2011?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs