Monday, December 20, 2010

I'm back!

Share

Back from a fabulous week w/ the fam,my friend, & her mom at Disney World! I was nervous about how it would be w/ a 1 year old as well as 2 older kiddos, but they all did great! Strangely enough, I'm actually more relaxed than I would be this time of year after having a fun week off. But....it's back to reality. Back to the craziness of Christmas. Do you ever wish the Holidays were more simple? I love Christmas, don't get me wrong. But it just gets overwhelming w/ all the school activities, programs, breakfasts, gift exchanges, & parties. Then throw in the family & Church get-togethers and it really is a crazy time of year. I just want to simplify, don't you? Anywho...a week from now it will all be over.

We heard a great sermon a few weeks ago about remembering to focus on Christ this Holiday season. With all the stress and stuff to do, try to remember to just focus on the reason for the season....Jesus Christ's birth. He was born so that He could die for our sins so that we could have life eternal with him in Heaven.

Tomorrow will mark the 5 year anniversary of the day we buried my Dad. I know how hard it is to lose a loved one at Christmas. My heart is always heavy this time of year for those who have lost loved ones throughout the year and are facing their first Christmas without that person. So, please remember to pray for those who have lost loved ones this year as well.

Sorry for all the random ramblings today! I hope you call can relax and truly savor the moments this week w/ your children and your families! Merry Christmas from my family to yours!

Isaiah 9:6b, "...And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

P.S. The winner of the Fairy Wonderful giveaway is #46 Linda R.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs