Monday, November 22, 2010

Make It Monday - Kids Thanksgiving Craft

Share

I am so excited about all this week has in store for our family! My Mom arrives from Texas tonight to spend the week w/ us. ~Hi Mom!~ Both of my sons will be celebrating birthdays this week, I'll be hosting the big Turkey Day and Mom is teaching me how to make her famous turkey & dressing, shopping on Friday, and the list goes on! And did I mention the kids are out of school, so we get to sleep in...yay!!!

Since Friday was the kids last day of school before a week off, their classes had Thanksgiving feasts. It is my 1st year being a Room Mom for my daughter's class. I put together this fun little craft that the kids seemed to enjoy. This would be fun to do w/ your kids at home this week, or if you are hosting Thanksgiving you could let the kids do this craft before or after dinner.
Preparation:
I bought yellow/orange cups at the dollar store. Cut out multi colored "feathers" from construction paper, purchased some cellophane treat bags, candy corn, & yellow ribbon. Candy Corn is half off at most stores and the Dollar Store right now. I also printed out on a piece of brown construction paper, "Happy Thanksgiving Little Turkey" to tie onto the bag of candy corn.

First, I had them decorate their cups w/ Turkey faces, feathers on the sides, etc. w/ a marker. Then they wrote on the feathers things they were thankful for. Next, I helped them tape the feathers onto the back of the cup. After everyone was done, I placed a bag of candy corn in each cup that I had tied the "Happy Thanksgiving Little Turkey" note onto. They loved it! It got them thinking of things they were thankful for, while doing a little craft at the same time. Enjoy!
Christmas at the Gift Closet




P.S. The winners of the Rare orchid giveaway are #48 Sallleefur/Jesslyn/Jesster and #34 Melissa. Congrats!!

P.P.S. For the next ten days the Andean Collection is offering a 10% holiday discount to all AC jewelry owners who send in a photo of themselves wearing AC jewelry.

Full details are posted on their blog:

http://theandeancollection.blogspot.com/2010/11/calling-all-ac-jewelry-owners-get-10.html

1 comments:

Melanie said...

I love this! What a great idea!

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
Melanie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs