Monday, July 19, 2010

Onion Delight

Share

The fam & I are in Texas visiting family right now & having a ball! We all love food so we spend a lot of time eating...and planning what we'll eat next, and eating some more! My hubby & I always have your fav restaurants to visit & my sisters always seem to have a new restaurant to recommend. Yesterday I got to see nephews & nieces I had not seen in over a year. And some of my relatives got to meet our sweet baby boy for the 1st time! We had a wonderful menu of BBQ, Ham, Tortellini Salad, Broccoli Salad, Squash Casserole, Corn, Baked Potato Casserole, Onion Delight, Beans, Homemade Banana Ice Cream, Vanilla Ice Cream, & Mississippi Mud Pie Cake for dessert. Whew! I'm full just listing all that! It was SO good. One of my faves was the Onion Delight. It wasn't real heavy on the onions, so even if you aren't a big onion fan you should try it. Or you could even omit the onions & it would be great. Here's the recipe...

Onion Delight

1 box Jiffy Cornbread mix
1/3 C milk
1 egg
1 C Sour Cream
1/2 C butter
1 C grated cheddar cheese
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings

Mix cornbread and pour into casserole dish that has 2 T. oil in it.
mix next ingredients except onions & 1/2 C cheese. Pour corn mixture over cornbread. Place sliced onion rings on top of corn mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese over onions and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Let set for 10-15 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!!

P.S. The winner of the Douglas Toy Giveaway is #37 pets and their people . :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs