With the current economy there are a lot of people downsizing...or taking advantage of great home prices and upsizing. If you are one of the families that will be moving this summer, I have a few moving money saving tips to share with you today.
1. If you can, pack & move yourself. Enlist friends & family to help.
2. Don't forget to think about the moeny you will need to to settle in a new home. Especially if your home is new construction. You will then need money at some point for blinds, landscaping, possibly paint, garage door opener, etc.
3. If you don't have a truck or know someone with one, you will need to rent a truck/uhaul. Be sure you shop around on rates for those as well.
4. A lot of times you can obtain free boxes from Walmart or local grocery stores.
5. If you choose to use a moving company, be sure you get quotes from several different Moving companies.
If you have more money saving tips while moving, please leave a comment & share!
P.S. Congrats to the winner of the Kahve Koffee giveaway - #18 Paula Michele!
Kahve Koffee would like to extend a discount to Gift Closet readers - 15% off! Use the code CONTEST15 upon check out. Click here to shop & enjoy! :)
Interested in swapping buttons for a little free advertisement? Give me a shout! heatherldt @ bellsouth dot net