Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday

Share

Becoming Wiser
by guest blogger Emily Farmer

There is a book in the Bible called Proverbs. Proverbs has 31 chapters. If you read one chapter a day that's a month worth of reading. Our pastor mentioned this in a message he did a few weeks ago. So I took it as a challenge and decided to read through the book or Proverbs. I want to become wiser in being a wife, mother, friend and follower of God. What could it hurt? We could all stand to be just a little more wise. Right? Proverbs is known as the book of wisdom. It was mostly written by a wise man named Solomon. Solomon wrote this book to teach the people of Israel how to live Godly lives through repeated thoughts. I know that's how I am. I need things repeated over and over again before I catch on to it.
For the past week and a half I have been reading Proverbs and things have been leaping off the page getting my attention. Proverbs is packed full of wise advice some of it new to me and so of it repeated and a reminder I have already read it before and should be applying it more. A few of my favorite Proverbs follows below. All are taken from the New Living Translation.
Prov. 11:15 "The generous will prosper; those who refresh other will themselves be refreshed."
Prov. 13:20 " Walk with the wise and become wiser; associate with fools and get in trouble."
Prov. 15:30 "A cheerful look brings joy to the heart;good news makes for good health."
Prov. 16: 3 "Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed."
I could go on and on with verses but, I will let you to read Proverbs for yourself and find verses that are meaningful to you.
Have a great and safe Memorial Day weekend! Make a point to "thank the Lord" for all you have.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs