Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday by Emily Farmer

Share

What a day!
You can say that again. A busy day of running around here and there. Our oldest son had a school track meet our middle son had a baseball game and as if something else needed to be added to our plate when we arrived home after the game a tree was uprooted and leaning against another tree just a few feet away from our roof. Are you kidding me? How did this happen? Did a tornado come through while we were gone? Why did this happen? Not to long ago last fall we had a terrible storm with strong wind and a tree fell on our trampoline and made it into a taco shape. Literally no kidding a taco shape. We didn't even hear it fall. I guess the spring of the trampoline quited the noise of its fall.
After surveying the damage we decided to not stay the night at home. It was better to be safe than sorry. I called a friend to see if our two older boys could stay the night with them. We got them settled and in bed. Then my husband our youngest son and myself were on our way to a hotel for the night when my husband got hit form behind by a motorcycle that couldn't stop or dodge him. Thank the Lord everyone was okay and the guy on the motorcycle walked away. But "good grief" as they say on Charlie Brown. How much more can my family take? Tonight, no more-- enough is enough! It's almost midnight and I'm still shook up by all that has happened in the last several hours.
When things like this happen we always look to the why and how comes? I can't answer that right now. I don't know. I am just thankful for good friends who are truly there when you need them. I am also thankful for God and all his promises that no matter how bad life gets or how bad things happen He is there for us. Tonight as I sit in a hotel room and type this I cling to all the promises that God speaks about in the Bible like in 1 Cor 10:31 "God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted. He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." There's also Heb. 13:5 "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." And then, Ps. 91:11 "For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go." Another favorite is Isa. 40:31 "Those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not grow faint." I am so thankful for this verse Matt. 6:8 "Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him." He knows our ever need. How can you not believe in God when he tells us all these things through His word the scriptures. His word is alive and true. So today in all of our disaster I stand on the promises of God.

"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong." 1 Corinthians 16:13

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click here to enter my current giveaway from My Precious Arrival!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs