Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday by Emily Farmer

Share

Baseball
Tonight our little man who's four had his first ever baseball game. Of course it was only t-ball but, you would have thought he was a major leaguer. He was so proud of his little uniform. His team is the Braves. I think in his mind he really thinks he plays for the Braves. He's so cute. ME a proud mom? NO! Whatever gave you that idea. I am very excited for him that it's finally his time to "PLAY BALL". He has been waiting for what seems like eternity in his little precious mind. In my mind he is growing so fast, too fast. But, I know this is life and life must go on no matter how much we want to keep it the same.
As I helped manage the dugout in helping them put on their batting helmets and making sure everyone had their glove and hat as they entered the field I couldn't help but, think I wish I had a childlike faith. Life is so simple for a small little mind that has no idea what's ahead of them in this great big world. I think we can learn a lot from our children if we only take the time to listen and observe. Things are so simple in their world. They have someone (us parents) to take care of them, show them the way, give them love and attention. That's the very same things God does for us.
Funny how a ball game can bring these thoughts to surface. That hour of playing ball was such a teaching moment for the children as well as the parents. We need not be proud or so proud that it gives us the big head like we have done something so great with our children. In reality we have done nothing with them to deserve the FULL credit. As Christians depend on God, God allows us to have the knowledge and know-how of raising our children. A lot of the times the lesson is in the situation if we only stop to think, "What must God be saying to me?" Some times the answer is revealed right then, other times it much later.
So who won the game you might ask. Well my answer is always "we all won cause God loves us and in his eyes we are all winners."
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
Col. 3:23 (NIV)

Work hard and cheerfully at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.

COl. 3:23 (NLT)


Since God chose you to be the holy people whom he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. COl. 3:12 (NLT)
Pride leads to disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. Prov. 11:2 (NLT)
Grandchildren are the crowning glory of the aged; parents are the pride of their children. Prov. 17:6(NLT)

1 comments:

Braley Mama said...

Amen!!! Thanks for that. Very encouraging to me. I am constantly amazed by how the Lord uses me as a parent to teach me about Him:O)
Have a blessed week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs