Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday by Emily Farmer

Share

Spiritual Tools

Our pastor has been preaching on series called Toolbox. It's basically about the spiritual tools we have as Christians and how available they are. He went on the say that most of us Christians don't even use them. That's like having money and not saving it- just throwing it away. This was very exciting to me so I thought I'd share it this week. Some of the Spiritual tools we have are the scriptures (The Bible), prayer,fasting and solitude. Have you ever thought about having Spiritual tools? I can say I hadn't thought of it in that way. I have been using every one of these tools over the past few weeks. I have relied on favorite scriptures, that I quote and pray through out the day. Doing this gives me hope and a peace that can only be given by God. I've even tried fasting from a few un-necessary food items. Using these tools reminds me of being in the Lord's House and how closely they relate. Anytime we are in HIS presence we are in HIS house. Being in scripture or prayer we are in HIS presence and HIS house. There is such a sense of joy when I am personally and intentionally walking and talking to God. He's the only loyal friend I have to depend on that won't disappoint or let me or you down. Imagine being a best friend to someone but you are totally ignoring them, never talk to or call them or never spend time with them. How would your best friend feel? Right, not like a best friend. God is our true best friend. So treat HIM like a best friend and go to him. Lean on HIM and enjoy what he has to share with you- His Spiritual tools. I encourage you to give it a try. Start by reading scripture and sitting quietly and see what he shows you. Journal and write out your prayers to HIM to keep yourself focused. He will speak to you through his word if you give HIM time. Using these tools daily will surely increase your personal walk with God.

"One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple." Psalm 27:4 (ESV)
"It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in people."Psalm 118:8 (NLT)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs