Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday Feature

Share

My feature today is Lauren at Ruth Parker Jewelry. She makes interesting & creative jewelry. I was reading on her about me page that she likes to choose her jewelry & then her outfit to match it. I LOVE this necklace she made, it's called Drama Queen.What inspired me to start my business:
"I have always had a problem with shopping because I tend to want things that don't exist in anyone's reality but my own. I get these visions of exactly what I have to have but then I end up disappointed because it can't be found. I had to have my wedding dress made for that exact reason! So when I couldn't find wedding jewelry either I decided to make it myself, and that's how this business of mine was started. I love the colors and textures of everything I use. I love finding vintage and antique pieces that I can repurpose into something wonderfully modern but with respect to the history behind the original. It is the perfect way for me to express myself creatively and finally use the crazy thoughts in my head to my advantage."


The picture of the blue/green bracelet is what I designed and made for my wedding. I used natural stones: aquamarine, jade, turquoise, peridot, and glass. The pearl necklace and earrings were for my sister's wedding. I used glass pearls and a vintage Tiffany's charm.


Want It? I will do a free gift with purchase for anyone who adds the code "gift closet" as their message to sender on my Etsy shop. I have 3 kinds of small post earrings you can choose from (while supplies last): gray cats eye glass, pink rose quartz, or tan mother of pearl. You need to specify which you want as your free gift along with the code in the message to sender box. Enjoy! Click here to shop. :)

You can advertise your business on my next giveaway post for only $5. Email me today to reserve your spot.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs