Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday

Share

Valley
By Guest Blogger Emily Farmer
When you are faced with a difficult situation how do you respond? No one promised life to be easy. Sometimes we are faced with things we didn't sign up for. So the question is how will you deal with it? Will you face it head on or will you pout and have a pity party for yourself? There is a song that I love to hear when I am in a valley of low its "My heart will trust in you" it's by a Christian group called Hillsong United. Here are the lyrics for you to read maybe it will give you the hope you need to stand on shaky ground.

My heart will trust in you by Hillsong United
I'll walk closer now on the higher way
Through the darkest night will you hold my hand
Jesus guide my way

O you mourn with me and you dance with me
For my heart of hearts is bound to you

Though I walk through valleys low
I'll fear no evil
By the waters still my soul,
My heart will trust in You

O You counsel me and You comfort me
When I cannot see,
You light my path

What more of a perfect song for when we are feeling low. This song says everything God is to us. He counsels, comforts, and lights our path. Hang in there. Once again I tell you life isn't going to be easy. And its certainly not what you signed up for. But, DON'T give up on God HE is there for . He is the only one who won't let you down. Nothing is too hard for you with God by your side. HE never promised us a easy life but, HIS word is filled full of HIS promises that HE loves us, cares for us, and will be with us through all of life's circumstances. Rest assured in HIS loving care for you. Keep reading HIS word and meeting with HIM daily and HE will see you through the valley low. Keep following HIM and listening for his voice. HE won't let you down.
Press On Challenge:
Find some of God's promises and read them often to remind yourself HE is there for you.
Press On Verse:
"'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,' says the LORD, who has compassion on you." Isaiah 54:10(NIV)


For the LORD will not reject his people; he will never forsake his inheritance." Psalm 94:14 (NIV)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart..." Proverbs 3:5 (NIV)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs