Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday

Share

Drill Sargent
by Guest Blogger Emily Farmer

As I am rushing around getting the older boys ready for school with chaos hanging overhead, I find myself shouting orders like a drill sargent. Now, I ask you, how is a mother supposed to act when she only had a few hours sleep because the little one is up several times and it takes him awhile to fall back to sleep. If you are like me once you are awake, no matter the hour, you're awake for good and can't go back to sleep. So I toss and turn, toss and turn. Praying Heavenly Father PLEASE let me go back to sleep. Finally after several hours of being awake and praying I drift into dream land. This is where the crazy dreams start. Then once again my little one is up again at my bedside. Good grief as Charlie Brown says. Can't a mother sleep. Back to bed again and I am wide eyed once more. Forty five minutes later yep, you guessed it the little fellow is back up and can barley keep his eyes open and says he feels sick. I put him back to bed once again. As I type this , he is sleeping and the house is quiet. Thank you Jesus!
Now is it any wonder that I am a grumpy drill sargent barking orders to my older boys? That's not a good morning attitude to have now is it? God gently nudges me and reminds me of Phi. 2:5" You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus has." OUCH! In a good way. What a message to myself.
So today when things are not going your way and you find yourself like me, a yelling orders drill sargent. Remember Phil. 2:5 and be filled with HIS attitude the " attitude that Christ Jesus had."


Press On Challenge:
Ask someone to hold you accountable to change your attitude.


Press On Verse:


"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you O Lord my rock and my redeemer." Ps.19:14 NLT
"The spirit who lives in you is great than the spirit who lives in the world" 1 John 4:4 " NLT
"Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowances for each other's faults because of your love." Eph. 4:2 NLT

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs