Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Share

Just wanted to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for reading, commenting, & supporting me here @ The Gift Closet!! I am thankful for my God & my family & wising you all a blessed day!! {{Hugs}}

And here is our Thursday devo from my friend & guest blogger Emily....enjoy!

Thankful
By Emily
This week we celebrate Thanksgiving. So that brings to mind the question "What are you thankful for?". Some of your answers may range from your health, family, a job or friends. The list could go on and on. One thing I am thankful for is my salvation. I am so thankful that God gave his one and only son for me "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16. Because God was so gracious my sins are forgiven and I am made a new creation "What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!" 2 Cor. 5:17. I have salvation in Jesus and as a Christ follower or Christian. That's the ultimate prize you could ever have. One day I will live in Heaven with HIM. I am thankful he gives new mercies or new grace each and everyday, "Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day." Lam.3:23(NLT). New mercies each day is like a do over. You get another chance to do what is right and change the things that are wrong.
Another thing I am thankful for is my husband and boys. They bring me such joy. We love, laugh, play,cry,argue and learn together as a family. With God as our center we are a strong bond that is not easily broken. "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." Ecc. 4:12(NIV) The last thing I want to share I am most thankful for are those who are and have become mentors to me. Without them I would not be where I am today in my spiritual walk with God. I am so blessed to have such a group of special ladies in my life.
So this leaves me with the question for you. What are you REALLY thankful for? This is my challenge to you today. Sit down and make a list of all the things you are thankful for. Make it fun by using the alphabet and beside each letter write one thing you are thankful for. Count your blessings. They are worth counting.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who reads this.

1 comments:

Gay Vaughan said...

In golf the term for a second chance is a mulligan, (yes, golf is big in my family) and we too are thankful for a God that gives us mulligans in life. His Mercy is never-ending. Thank you for the inspiration.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs