Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday's Feature

Share

My daughter loves art. So, when a Kidzsack arrived in the mail for us to review, she was delighted. Kidzsack is an eco friendly creative backsack for kids ages 4 and up. The fabric is made from 100% recycled cotton and plastic bottles. The front is screenprinted with the owner's original artwork, and there are 8 washable markers included in the packaging. Kids color it, mom or dad washes, and kids recolor. It’s a great reusable activity that is perfect for preschool, beach, sports, and vacation. Kidzsack is made in the USA and has just received the 2009 DR. Toy Best Vacation Product Award and 2009 Creative Child Magazine Best Product Award!

Tina is the Mom-prenuer behind this creative product, and here is what inspired her to start Kidzsack:
"My name is Tina Hill and I am the owner of Kidzsack, www.kidzsack.com. I started Kidzsack in October of 2007 and came up with the idea in June 2007. I was walking my kids to the bus stop and noticed a neighbor wearing a Nike sportsack and thought I could translate that idea into something creative for little kids. I have always loved to color and draw and wanted to create something that kids could color on and something that would also be reusable. I was determined to build a legitimate business. The cost of having four kids (ages 13, 11, 9, & 7) was adding up with sports, activities, camps, and the future…college hanging over my head. I found it was time that I make a financial contribution and also get back to my roots of being creative. I had been a fashion designer in my 20’s working in NYC and travelling quite a bit. I am now 44 and have been a stay at home mom for about 11 years. "

What my family liked about the Kidzsack:
1. We got the Castle print & it was really cute. There are 4 different ones to choose from as well as custom designs.
2. My husband helped my daughter color it & they enjoyed having a little "family project".
3. My daughter said it was lots of fun! When I do wash it I plan to let my son color it next time. We like that it is washable, then you can color it again.
4. Eco-friendly.


What we didn't like about the Kidzsack:
1. No negatives about the product itself. Even though the markers are washable, you may need to put a piece of paper under the bag as you color, or in the bag, as the markers went through to the other side.


Want It? Click here to shop.

Click here to support Mom-preneurs this Holiday season!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs