Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday

Share

My daughter started school last week & my 3 year old starts preschool for the 1st time next week. I know some of your kids may not have gone back yet. A while back I reviewed & gave away the Busy Mom's Devotions to Go book. I have really been enjoying it & wanted to share a few things from the devo I read the other day. It just so happens that it has to do with sending your kids back to school. Funny how God times these devos right when we need them, huh?~wink~

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

"I have a picture that has a mother & child and the caption says, "A Mother understands what our hearts are saying."

I was reminded of this tender thought the day I left my youngest at school for the 1st time. When we approached the classroom,I said, "Bye honey. Listen to your teacher. Don't forget to wear your jacket if you go outside. I'll pick you up soon."

What I didn't say was it seems like just yesterday you started crawling. I can't believe you're in Kindergarten!Now I have to share you. Someone else will be there to dry your tears, watch you learn, and cheer you on. Even though today formed a little lonely spot in my heart with your name on it, I know that, like all kids, you must grow and change. And I must let you go. Letting go is part of life.

Opening the door...I watched anxiety flee from my daughters face as excitement flushed her cheeks. Her eyes sparkled with delight. Slowly she released my hand and waved at her teacher. Whether or not I was ready to say goodbye, she was.

Giving her one last hug, I said, "You are very precious to me. I love you." And I let go.

As I walked away, she ran back for one more kiss. Her smile looked as broad as a sunbeam. "I love you too, Mommy!"

Aren't you glad God understands what our hearts are saying? Whenever God brings us change, He provides a measure of mercy to endure it. We have the added security of knowing that God never changes. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He is always compassionate, merciful, loving, faithful, patient, & gracious. If we do as Proverbs 3:5 suggests & trust in the Lord with all of our heart, we can let go of past failures, and hold onto God's promises. (See also Isiah 26:3 & Jeremiah 17:7).

Prayer: Father, today I let go of my anxieties and fears and hold onto your steadfast love. Amen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What a great reminder to us mommas letting go right now! Let go & let God. :)
Hope you have a blessed day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


You can have your button advertised at the bottom of my next Win It Wednesday post for only $5! Email me at heatherldt @ bellsouth dot net if you are interested.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs