Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday's Feature

Share

I am so pleased to introduce you to Shannon, the Mom-preneur behind J Bird Designs. You may have seen her adorable button on my Right sidebar. Funny little story here. Shannon and & I were childhood best friends. Grew up as neighbors and played together outside all day every day. I moved to GA about 15 years ago & we lost touch. Really, after we got in Jr high we traveled in different circles, so had not talked in years. Well our Moms still live on the same street we grew up on & a couple of months ago my Mom gave her Mom my blog. Shannon & I were able to re-connect & have enjoyed catching up on each other's lives, reminiscing about racing Big Wheels, eating popsicles, & re-living those fun childhood memories. So, when I saw Shannon started a little business, I had to feature her!

Shannon makes adorable t-shirts & paintings @ affordable prices! Check them out for yourself...



The inspiration behind J Bird Designs:
"My son inspires me daily with his boundless energy, love, and ability to find joy in the simple things. I strive to capture and emulate these qualities in each JBird Designs creation. After the birth of my son, I wanted to make him some special tshirts and onesies that reflected his personality. I drew a few designs by hand, picked out some cute fabric for each one, and hand-embroidered each of them to a matching tshirt. He looks so handsome in his shirts, and gets lots of compliments. And I enjoyed making them so much, that I decided to start selling them. There was no question as to what to call my shop - I named it after my inspiration, my own little "JBird"! "

Want it? Shannon is generously offering 15% off for Gift Closet readers, they just need to use the code "gift15" in message to seller at checkout. Click here to shop @ J Bird Designs.

Click here to visit J Bird Designs Blog.

Follow me on Twitter by clicking below.

P.S. Click here to visit LjA Designs! Lauren is having a summer sale right now....all her jewelry is 15% off! Use the code SUMMER at check out.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Thanks so much for featuring me, Heather! I sure miss riding big wheels and eating popsicles with you! :)

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

That airplane is so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs