Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Win It Wednesday

Share

Welcome to the original Win It Wednesday! The winner of the "This Life I Live" Dvd is #42 Gianna . Congrats!

Today I will be giving away an adorable Bow Tie from Gusty's Boutique and Attic!

Aletha makes these little bow ties herself and sent me one to review. So, here it goes!

What I like about Aletha's Bowties:
1. They are super soft!
2. Come in a wide variety of fabrics & colors.
3. The bow ties are adjustable and fits neck sizes up to 20 inches.
4. The one she sent me was 100% silk, very nice!
5. Reasonably priced.

What I didn't like about Aletha's Bow Ties:
1. Honestly, nothing!

What inspired Aletha to start making bow ties?
"I was inspired to make bow ties some years ago when my hubby was fussing about "being strangled" by his long ties. I created an adjustable, pretied (no muss or fuss) bow tie, and he really liked its comfort, and found it easy to put on. Then I got carried away, and started making bow ties for him out of every fabric imaginable: cotton, silk, wool, polyester, blends. I started making them for special occasions (dollars for April 15 tax day), 4th of July, Christmas, Easter, Halloween, St. Urho's Day, St. Patrick's Day, etc. Now I make about 350 styles in classic, novelty, designer, music, ethnic, sports teams, seasonal designs. I list 50 bow ties at any given time in my Etsy Shop including polka dotted, striped, plaids, seasonal, and others. I even make a duct tape bow tie for guys like my hubby for whom duct tape and WD-40 solve all of life's problems. All the bow ties are handmade by me with attention to style and detail. Most styles can be converted to boy's sizes too. Some of my favorites are my lobster, rainbow (for De Colores), dollar bills, chili peppers, and abstract designs. The consistent best sellers seem to be the polka-dotted, plaids, rainbow, and American flag. Neck sizes adjust to 20 inches. Most of my bow ties sell for $11.00 which includes postage paid to US and Canadian addresses. Some folks ask about my shop name: Gustys. It stands for "hot air" as I was a lecturer in a major university for 25 years."


Want it? Click here to shop.

Win it! The lucky winner will receive one bow tie of winner's choice from her Etsy shop, postage paid (US or Canada).

How to Enter:

1. Click here to go to Aletha's etsy shop, come back here, and tell me your favorite bow tie.
2. Be sure you include your email address in your comment if it is not on your profile.
3. Contest ends Tuesday 5/12/09 @ midnight.

Interested in a link exchange? Please email me at heatherldt @ bellsouth dot net!

17 comments:

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21216414

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

My favorite one is the Rainbow Striped Bow Tie.

jchaborek-at-hotmail.com

The Gomez Bunch said...

I like the lime green with white polka dots!!!!! jaimeandmelissa@gmail.com

mverno said...

blue striped bow tie. the mverno@roadrunner.com

Hetal said...

I like Electric Blue Abstract Designer Bow Tie.

danosor said...

I like the looks of the gray,gold and burgundy silk bow tie.

Heather said...

Paula Anderson

The Stevens: said...

My father-in-law would love Aletha's bow ties, I would love to win one: The Rainbow bowtie is classic:)

Tom Mangan said...

The brown ties would work with one of my spring suits

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

How cute are those!

My favourite is Library Books School Scholar Bow Tie!!

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

DH likes the Duct Tape Silver Gray Bow Tie. :)

stormraven at gmail dot com

lezanac said...

The Elvis Presley Bowtie is my fave lezanac@yahoo.com

Kathy P said...

i love the Dapper Black and Cream Dotted Designer Bow Tie Adjustable Pretied

37 Questions said...

I like the black with white polka dots in a boys!

Donna said...

I like the Black and Gold Music Bow Tie for Men

cman said...

I love the American Flag Bow Tie for Men :)

lilyk said...

I love the Hot Chili Peppers Bow Tie!

ms.lilyk@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs