Monday, May 4, 2009

Celebrating Mother's Day

Share

Happy Monday! Mother's Day is less than 1 week away now & I wanted to share 10 Memorable Ways you can celebrate Mother's Day this year:

1. Create a memory jar. Fill a jar with handwritten memories or pictures that you and Mom can sit and go through together.

2. Interview the children in your family (both young and old) on what special things they love most about their mother. Record the sentiments on video & present to her on Mother's Day.

3. Give her a Mother's Book. A special book where she can record her memories & life history. What a wonderful keepsake that will make for you some day! I gave one to my Dad and he had written very little in it before he passed away. It is now very special to me.

4. Clean house or run errands for your Mom.

5. Take Mom out to lunch, or cook her favorite meal at home, and place fresh flowers on the table.

6. If you have siblings, get together and each of you make handmade cards writing your favoite memories of her in them.

7. Send flowers.

8. Get a picture frame, all her kids can write messages on the frame, and put a favorite picture in it.

9. Simply spend time reflecting on family photo albums & videos with Mom.

10. Don't let Mother's Day go by without telling your Mom how much you love her!

My Mom, my kids, and I a few years ago....
Please share any Mother's Day ideas or traditions you may have!

P.S. If you are here looking for Mamalicious Monday, I will not be doing it anymore. I ran out of sponsors for the giveaways. I also felt bad for the sponsors cuz there were only 11 entries or so each week. So, thanks to all of you who participated & have a blessed day! :)

Did you know you can email this post by clicking on the small white envelope at the bottom of this post?

4 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That's a great list.

I'm sad about MM, but I totally understand:)

Jessica said...

Thank you for the list! Seriously. I have been searching for something original and I LOVE the jar idea! I had never thought of it!

Every year I make homemade cards...it's the way to go!

Liz said...

Love the picture frame idea, plus the one with having the siblings write favorite memories. I love book ideas, too. The Mother's Book you mention is good. This year, I'm giving a great book to help her get her life in balance, what with all she does for others. It's Honor Yoursel by Patricia Spodaaro. It 's got empowering advice and inspiration for decreasing stress and anxiety and finding more balance and meaning in daily life. It's great!

Gosfam said...

thanks for the ideas, I really want to do something heart felt this year and memorable. My mom lost her mom the end of March so I am looking for GREAT ideas. I always just spend time with my mom or send her something I know she would like. I want to go EXTRA this time. Love your blog and sorry about MamaMondays I totally understand, I guess you could still do it without a giveaway involved--just for fun :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs