Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday

Share

I don't know about you, but some days I get so tired of saying, "No...not right now....just a minute....stop that....get that out of your mouth"... and the list goes on!

With 2 children at home, ages 6 and 2, I feel like my brain is totally fried at times! I just told my hubby the other day that I can't even seem to complete a thought or a task w/o an interruption or a request.I'm not complaining though, I wouldn't trade anything in the world for being able to stay home & raise my kids. It flies by so fast and I know I need to treasure it, I just hope my brain is still intact after it's all said and done!! ;)
It's a little trying at times, even for the most patient of us, which I am not! For example, at this moment I am trying to proof read this and in the past minute I have been trying to convince my 2 year old NOT to eat the fish food, and yes I will turn on the tv in just a minute, and no I don't know where the Thomas the Train Movie is. I think I feel more brain cells fading away as we speak...........

Sometimes at the end of the day, when I am totally spent (or sometimes at the very beginning of the day, let's say 9am!)....when I am tired of the battles...I get a little lazy in disciplining the little ones. Well, I stumbled across this verse the other day and thought it was a good reminder for me. Even the Bible tells us to discipline our children, and how they can be such a reflection on us!

To discipline a child produces wisdom,
but a mother is disgraced by an undisciplined child. …
Discipline your children, and they will give you peace of mind
and will make your heart glad.

Proverbs 29:15, 17

If you have a high energy little boy like I do, then I'm sure that "but a Mother is disgraced by an undisciplined child" scares you too! LOL....But if peace of mind & a glad heart are the rewards, then bring it on!
So as I hug & kiss them tonight, I need to remind myself not to "laze" out as a parent, but to work towards peace of mind (aaaahhhh!) and a glad heart. ;)




Please stop by tomorrow for a very special Friday's Feature!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs